Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Worthington Manor Blog, Days One to Two

The first case file in the desk was that of Worthington Manor, one of my toughest cases yet! It starts like this:

Day One

I traveled across Australia, Arabia, and all of Asia. This case was so important, I had to cancel a dealership with a cabbage. Eventually, the clues led me to the scene of the crime...Worthington Manor! I was greeted by Cornelius Worthington himself, who showed me to his guests and servants:
  • DOCTOR NEON a doctor and unlikely friend of Mr. Worthington!
  • MS. RED a pretty lady!
  • MS. PERIWINKLE a nice lady!
  • MRS. GREY a widower who is a servant of Mr. Worthington!
  • OLD LADY BLOOF an old hag and servant!
  • BERNIE INGELS an artist that comes to Worthington Manor for the view. I have not yet seen him.
  • HECKADIDILYLIE what?
  • MR. WOCKLECHEEKS a small poisonous spider and pet!
Mr. Worthington let me stay until I solved the case. Oh cool! They have a poop a pool! (sorry about the spelling mistake). Oh look, a rat! I'll just lean over and

Day Two

So Doctor Neon said as long as I take this medicine every day, the rat bite won't get infected.

I think I might have some clues. Mr. Worthington let me have keys to every room in the house...except his room and another room on the thirteenth floor (nice man wants some privacy). The clue was in Dr. Neon's room. I found a puzzle. I put it together and found that it was a puzzle of a GIRAFFE, a sign of pure EVIL!!!!

I forgot to mention: Worthington Manor stands in the midst of a deserted town. Mr. Worthington told me that people left it because of two diseases: the great Black Death, and the de la Poer Plague. The Black Death caused nasty symptoms like black spots, bloody vomit, and quick death, but the de la Poer plague caused madness, somnambulism/sleepwalking, and hallucinations. No one but Mr. Worthington lives there now: not since 1528.

Yep. A freakin' long time.

Yesterday I had a pretty hard time getting in because the great gate with a lock bigger than two cars kept me from going forward. Luckily my sledgehammer (which I of course have on hand) fixed that problem! Funny thing, though...it looked like the wall rebuilt itself as I drove away.

I got myself a shot against the Black Death and the de la Poer (as everyone else in the house did) but Mr. Worthington said he'd never left de la Poer (that's the town's name, due to the you-know-what) in his life. Not even for groceries! I wonder if he ever scuttled down the well in the cellar through the underground passage that riddle the hill to get some food.

Nah, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment